All UCE software was written in Macro Assembler.
UCE is now discontinued. It was a 1980's-design machine controller featuring one or two axis motion control and a custom networking capability.
It is shortly to be replaced with a 21st century version with Modbus communication and USB flash-disk
- A general purpose Replacement Control Panel for bandknife splitting Machines.
Ten of these have now been built and installed as partial or complete replacements.
- Replace obsolete CNC controls on Cardboard Box Folding Machine and on Die-cutting Press.
- A Production Line control system making duvets, (carding, sewing, cutting, overlocking, weighing).
A network of an industrial PC and 5 UCEs running three different programs.
A second system was built and installed in Capetown, South Africa.
- A Data recording system to log machine production and downtime,
with UCE wallboxes networked to a central PC
- Temperature Controller for heated moulding press. Dual cascaded PID control.
- Sequencer for cushion filling machine. Allows sets of different sized cushions to be produced in a single run.
Other Industrial Microprocessor projects
- Replace punched tape control on CNC Quilt Pattern Sewing Machines with microprocessor and EPROM cartridges.
- Fan Controller for laboratory clean-air cabinets. Designed, programmed and supervised manufacture.
- Turnstile control systems used in swimming pools, football grounds, car parks and duty-free shops.
- Servo synchroniser unit to operate a flying shear on a production line.
Data Communications Microprocessor projects
- A time-division Multiplexor for multiple lines at 64kbps and higher.
Designed and sold the design to a major manufacturer. Microprocessor control (MC6802) with hardware data paths in PAL FPGAs and a CMOS ASIC.
Frequency synthesised dynamically switchable synchronous and asynchronous channels.
- A Reverse Multiplexor to combine two 9600bps lines.
Industrial Software Projects
- Bedquilt thermal resistance (tog value) measuring instrument.
- Area measuring video camera system.
- Turnstile recording / crowd control system for football clubs.
- Worked as Millenium Bug Auditor for multinational company.
- Cardboard and timber case Costing System for an export packaging company.
Written in Microsoft Excel and Visual Basic.
- Plant Mimic Display system, Production Recording and control software for Duvet production line.
Written in C and running on an industrial PC.
- USB Flash disk operating system for microcontrollers.
- Interface software in C to connect the Logging System to an industry-standard spreadsheet on a PC.
- Program prototype Rotary Die-cutting machine using a Parker programmable motor controller .
- Program a prototype Sponge Buffing machine using an Allen-Bradley PLC.
- Modify undocumented software in glue spraying machine using a Siemens PLC.
- CAD program for quilt sewing patterns for my CNC system.
Originally written in BASIC, later rewritten in C to run on a PC.
- Interface software to link Apple Macintosh Plant Inventory Database to Honewell Distributed Control System.
- Logic simulator tool originally written in PASCAL to run on Apple II.
Other Hardware Projects
- A 250A Solid State Switch for pulsed resistance heating transformers.
- Temperature Controller for hand-held welder for polyethylene packing.
- Motorised 'Frictionless' Thrust Bearing for musical string winding.
- Very low cost Air Velocity Sensor for fan control and draught detection.
- Heatflow sensor for measuring heat loss from buildings.
- Turnstile control and counter unit with PC networking.
- Test rig for DC servo drives
- Computer workstation chair.